Tips for improving your self-image
Improving our self-image starts with changing bad habits and learning new ways to think about body positivity. Here's Inna Moment's top tips for being happy in the skin you're in.
* Forget The Numbers - No matter what society or retailers tell us, you just can’t attach a number to your sense of self-worth! We not a size 10 or a 12 or a 14, we’re individuals with shape and no piece of clothing will fit us all the same, no matter what the number says.
* Pamper Yourself - If you want to feel good about your body, the first step is putting in the time to make yourself feel appreciated and treated and nothing will make you feel happier or more content in your skin than a long, luxurious soak in the tub or a spa day. Whether you book yourself a massage or break out the bath bombs, give yourself a couple of hours to indulge.
* Shed Some Layers - Feel refreshed in an instant by shedding some of your unwanted stuff. Go through your wardrobe and pull out all the clothes that make you feel bad about yourself. No matter what you paid for it or how new it is, if it’s too tight, too big, or just no longer YOU, toss it in a bag and donate it. Life’s too short for clothes you don’t love and that don't make you feel awesome!
* Get Moving - If you’re feeling low, the most effortless way to redirect your mood is by getting active, even if that means hitting the gym or a night out on the dance floor.
* Don't Bully Yourself - If you look in the mirror and immediately start scrutinizing and criticizing every little detail, it might be time for a vacation from self-analysis. Try taking some time the off from mirror and when you come back to it, make a point of only focusing on the positives.
* Get Naked - When you’re feeling lousy about your body, it’s easy to dread stripping down and abandon the protection of clothes. The best way to get over the anxiety of being nude is to get reacquainted with how it looks and feels to be exposed and appreciate the power of spending some time au naturel.